Historic Working Paper Mill Overview
Originally installed at Gold River, British Columbia as a newsprint machine in 1988. With a design speed 4500 fpm on 30 lb. News (825 mtd @100% efficiency), which shut down in 1993.
Disassembled and crated in 1996 with intention to send to Albury, Australia.
Shipped to Lufkin in 1999. Rebuilt by Metso to produce SCB and started up in 2001. The rebuild consisted of:
Download Machine Layout
Download Machine Specifications
- New headbox.
- Former rebuild to Metso roll-gap former design.
- Replacement third press frames designed for future shoe press.
- Online OptiLoad Supercalender (6 rolls).
- Reel rebuild to include secondary arms centerwind assist.
- New Winbelt winder.
- Metso XDi DCS and Metso QCS (gauging).
- Started up in 2001. Design speed 4500 fpm on 32 lb SCB. (825 mtd @100% efficiency).
- Shut down in December, 2003.